The Plan Commission exists to consider planning and zoning issues and makes advisory recommendations to the Town Board. The Plan Commission considers the following:
- Maintaining and Updating as needed the Comprehensive Plan
- Rezoning Permits
- Conditional Use Permits
- Land Division Permits
- Any matters referred to the Commission by the Town Board
Term Expires 9/29/2025
Appointed from the Board
Term Ends 9/29/2024
Term Ends 9/29/2024
Term Ends 9/29/2023
The Plan Commission meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:30 PM at the Town Hall. If you wish to appear before the Plan Commission, any applications and fees must be recieved by the Clerk's Office no later than three weeks prior to the fourth Tuesday of the month.
Rezone, Conditional Use Permits, Land Division Application Instructions
Before appearing before the Town Plan Commission, you will need a completed Density Study Report. Contact Dane County Planning and Development, 210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Madison, WI 53703, Attn: Majid Allen, Room 116. Enclose a check for $100 made payable to Dane County Planning and Development.
1. Please read the instructions on the Christiana Plan Application carefully, and fill out the entire application.
2. Submit 5 copies of the completed Town Plan Commission application, the site plan, aerial photographs, and any supporting documents (including the Certified Survey Map, CSM). Include a check for the application fee of $200 made payable to the Town of Christiana in order to be placed on the Town Plan Commission meeting agenda.
3. The Plan Commission meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. You must attend this meeting. Your application must be received at least three weeks prior to the fourth Tuesday of the month for it to be placed on that month’s agenda.
4. If a new driveway will be required, a driveway placement permit must be obtained from the Town Public Works Department prior to the application’s placement on the Plan Commission agenda. Contact the Town Garage, (608)
423- 3816, to arrange a time to meet. The driveway permit fee is $100.00. If the driveway will be on a County road, you will also need to contact Dane County for their approval.
5. After the Plan Commission takes action on your request, your application will be referred to the next month’s regular Town Board Meeting. The Town Board meets on the second Monday of each month. You must attend that Town Board Meeting as well.
6. After the Town Board takes action on your application, you should then apply to Dane County (Due to the backlog at the County level, submitting your county application at the same time as the Town application is recommended.) for your rezoning, conditional use permit, or land division.